As a former journal editor responsible for publishing ethics, Jane Alfred maintains a deeply held interest in working with the biology and biomedical community on research integrity and publishing ethics.
Jane Alfred, Director & Co-founder of Catalyst Editorial, offers a range of training services to Institutes and Universities on research integrity and publishing ethics, often collaborating with senior staff to develop training programs that meet the needs of their scientists. Training can include presentations, meetings and interactive workshops, and working with institutes to develop policies in this area. Training and presentations can also be tailored to suit different audiences – from policy makers and senior investigators, to early career researchers.
- What research integrity is and why it matters
- Where different responsibilities lie in the research integrity landscape
- Community responses to research misconduct
- Research communication – what is changing and how these changes affect research scientists
- Publishing ethics – common transgressions and how to avoid them